At thinkCSC, we are always on the lookout for ways we can help our clients work more efficiently and cost-effectively, which is why we are excited to announce the addition of Microsoft Lync to our collaboration offerings.
Lync 2013 is currently available to those that are using CSCloud Hosting Services. CSCloud Hosted subscribers who have agreed to use Lync services will have full access to Lync 2013 for Windows or Lync 2011 for Mac. If you do not have Lync currently installed on your system, thinkCSC can provide you access to the full client experience.
The benefits of Lync are considerable:
1. Significant Increases in Productivity
Microsoft Lync, in combination with thinkCSC’s other hosted services, change the way businesses of all sizes communicate and interact. It is a true game changer, incorporating a variety of multimedia communications into a single tool that enhances productivity.
2. Global Connectivity
This software enables you to communicate with other staff members over a secure Internet connection from anywhere in the world:
- Instant Message (IM) your colleagues over a safe and encrypted connection.
- Integrate the software with your email account and Microsoft Outlook, the Outlook Web App, and SharePoint.
- Voice Chat with one or more colleagues for quick conference calls to those who have a microphone.
- Video Chat with one or more colleagues for quick face to face meetings for those who have webcams.
- Share all or part of your desktop or share documents with your colleagues so you can easily collaborate, get help with a problem, regardless of where your colleague works.
- Set up meetings and conference calls using Lync’s built-in meeting features.
- Communicate with people outside of your organization using Skype.
- Control Your Presence. Your presence tells others your real-time availability. Lync automatically sets your presence based on your activity and your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
3. Cost Savings
One of the most significant benefits of Lync is its ability to allow businesses with offices in different parts of the country or world to collaborate effectively without the need for face-to-face meetings, reducing travel costs and increasing productivity significantly.
Lync is truly a global communications solution, allowing secure communications with employees, vendors and partners.
If you’re interested in CSCloud Hosting Services or learning more about what Microsoft Lync can do for you, contact our team today.